Jesus Green, Cambridge Saturday 8 June 2019
CAMBRIDGE PRIDE RIVER PARADE
11am to midday
The River Cam features heavily in the festivities. Usually associated with serene punting trips passing landmarks such as the Bridge of Sighs and Kings College Chapel, part of the Cam will be taken over by a flamboyant flotilla of punts. The UK’s first Pride River Parade will loop up and down the river between Quayside in central Cambridge and Jesus Green from 11am to 12pm.
Each punt will be decorated using a colour of the rainbow flag, representing different aspects of Cambridgeshire’s diverse LGBT+ community. The flotilla will carry members of LGBT+ support groups, who are designing their vessels with local artists.
Cambridge City Council has kindly commissioned and funded the Cambridge Pride River Parade 2019.
THE MAIN ARENA, JESUS GREEN
A line-up of local and national acts, dance groups and drag artists on the Main Stage.
The Band Stand hosts local DJs.
The Youth Tent provides a safe, alcohol-free space for under 25s with creative workshops including the Great British Queer Bake Off.
The Pride Community Lounge offers performances, talks, comedy, spoken word and poetry.
Satyam Yoga and Wellbeing Centre lead sessions of yoga, meditation and mindfulness in the Wellbeing Area.
Dance and sports sessions take place in our Active Zone.
9pm to close
At dusk, an outdoor screening of international LGBT+ short films, programmed by ‘Queers in Shorts’, will feature on our open-air cinema brought to you by Enchanted Cinema.
AFTER PARTY (From 8pm)
AT Revolution Cambridge
ENTRY FEE APPLIES
Revolution Cambridge is the venue for an official Cambridge Pride party across three fabulous floors. Pride attendees with advanced tickets receive discounted entry and exclusive early access to the main club room from 8pm, while tickets last. A portion of ticket sales are being donated directly back to Cambridge Pride.
Revolution Cambridge is an over 18s. ID will be require for entry by all (even with a ticket). The dress code is officially ‘smart casual’ but the venue is welcoming all attire for this event (so long as you are presentable) with the exception of trainers and joggers.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
OUR PROUD PARTNERS
Free for everyone
- Cambridge Pride is a free event for everyone.
- No ticket is required to enter Jesus Green.
- We welcome all visitors of all ages. Throughout the day, there is a Children’s Area for families and a Youth Tent run by and for young people under 25.
- Please note: Entry fees may apply to after-parties which are organised independently by venues (see venue for more information).
- We expect all visitors to embrace and respect the celebration of diversity and equality.
- Abuse or threatening behaviour of any kind is not acceptable.
- If you have any concerns on the day, trained stewards are on hand to support you.
- Our code of conduct outlines the behaviour we expect from all visitors. Failure to comply could result in you being asked to leave the event.
- ‘Swimsuit coverage’ is the minimum requirement for clothing.
- Leave no mark. Barbecues and fires of any kind are prohibited on Jesus Green at all times. Also, please use our bins or take your litter home with you.
- Dogs on leads are welcome, but please be responsible for your pets.
- Cycles are allowed on Jesus Green, but please dismount within the event arena.
- Please avoid bringing glass bottles onto Jesus Green.
- If you’re feeling unwell or have hurt yourself, speak to the nearest steward.
- If your child is lost, please speak to the nearest steward.
- Even if there is some cloud, use sunscreen and cover up between 12 and 3pm. Stay hydrated and look out for your friends.
- Travel in a group, if possible, and set a meeting point to find your friends should you lose them.
- Look after your belongings. Cambridge Pride / The Pink Festival Group is not responsible for any loss of belongings.
- Jesus Green is served by pavement-level access from Victoria Avenue and Park Parade.
- Accessible viewing space is provided for the Main Stage (from 12pm) and River Parade (from 11am) on Jesus Green.
- Accessible toilets are available.
- British Sign Language is provided for some performances.
- Our Calm Zone, away from the main arena, provides a quieter space away from the crowds.
Cambridge Pride would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors and partners. We would like to thank our sponsors:
Many amazing businesses, organisations and individuals have given their time and expertise to help make Cambridge Pride 2019 amazing. We would like to thank:
Friends of Pride
Local organisations have proudly shown their generous support as Friends of Cambridge Pride 2019:
CAMBRIDGE PRIDE 2019 would like to thank:
- Asda, Beehive Centre and Asda Foundation
- The Blue Moon pub
- Enchanted Cinema
- Greene King, for our Cambridge Pride Ale
- Hilary Cox Condron
- Living Sports
- LT123 Ltd
- Revolution Cambridge
- Rutherfords Punting
- Saytam Yoga and Wellbeing
- University Arms Hotel
- The LGBT+ groups of Cambridge
- All of our amazing volunteers
This event has been supported by the PPL PRS charity and community discount scheme. PPL PRS licenses the use of copyright music across the UK, giving businesses and organisations the permission they need to play the music they want.
The Music Licence ensures that music creators are fairly rewarded with royalties so they can keep making music- and mean that we’re able to support music at events like this.
For more information about PPL PRS, visit pplprs.co.uk or call 8000720808.
Where to find THE EVENT
Jesus Green, Cambridge, CB4 3BD
The whole event takes place on Jesus Green, which is accessible on foot from Chesterton Road, Victoria Avenue, Park Parade and Lower Park Street.
There is strictly no visitor parking at Jesus Green.
Cambridge is well served by rail and bus. Find lots of useful information about travel and transport, including bus timetables, on the Cambridgeshire County Council website.